Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hitting the open road with "Buelah" and me.

I've mentioned earlier my love for motorcycles. This is a "passion" that I've picked up late in my life and since this discovery I've logged many miles. My neighbors probably think that I'm nuts because no matter the temperature they have witnessed me pull away from my driveway year round. Other people have expressed bike riding better than I can by using the analogy; "Riding in a car and watching the scenery go bye is like watching a movie. Riding a motorcycle down that same road "puts you into the movie"!

Riding a motorcycle opens my senses like nothing else I've experienced. As you ride down a country road you pickup all the activity around you, especially fragrances.. If someone is washing and drying their clothes you not only pick up the scent of it but, you can recognize the brand of washing powder they are using. In the spring the countryside is alive with the aroma of flowers and clover, evergreens and fresh mown hayfields. Here in the Appalachain Mountains you can add the fragrence of "wild onions....or more precisely, ramps. In the fall, especially the late fall, the air is rich with the scent of dried leaves, and wood smoke coming from chimneys. It is amazing.

So, with that said....come along with "Buelah and me" as we travel down West Virginia State Route 99...running the ridgeline of Bolt Mountain.



2 comments:

  1. Uncle B. I enjoyed the ride. keep up the good words. Scenery is great..Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Road, loved the tunes too.

    ReplyDelete