Monday, April 6, 2009

"Hey Honey I"m creating a blog........."

"..........your doing what! What in the world are you doing that for?"

I've asked myself that question for a long time now. Why heck, I don't even really understand why they (who ever "they" are) call a "Blog" a "Blog". Maybe I'll find out by doing this?

I've pondered this for a long time and it occurred to me that I've always felt the desire to be a writer, but I have never figured out the how or why of what to write about. Putting down on paper (even if it is virtual paper) does something for the "soul". It's like a "cleanser"...know what I mean? Oh well, this idea of "blogging", as I see it, is a form of writing and perhaps it will help me figure out as to whether or not I'm cut out to do this in the first place.

One desire I have is to say something good about all the people that have "blest" my life over the years either by something they have done or accomplished; or, even if it is nothing more than to accept me for who I am.

"I'm a believer in giving roses to the living"

With that said....I have been imeasurably blest in so many ways and frankly, sometimes it is easier to put into writing how one feels about another person than it is say it directly to their face. Who knows...maybe it would make them uncomfortable if I say it in their presence, whereas, if they read my thoughts in private they'll appreciate it more.

I've been given great previleges over my life. I've traveled, seen sights, heard sounds I never dreamt I would ever see or hear. I'm gonna to talk about what that all means to me.

And, then there are those questions that one ponders in life. Questions, that you would like to ask but just can't find a way to ask them. I'll bring some of those issues up.

Finally, I want to share some areas of my life that give me joy. You don't have to read them, but I am gonna talk about God's Blessings. I may even read to you ....some of my favorite portions of Scripture. I'm gonna invite you to ride along with me on my motorcycle. I call her "Buelah" because time spent on her is a "heavenly experience". I've never ridden on a "majic carpet" but I believe riding that bike comes about as close to it as I can imagine.

"I'm in the water now.......it's time to sink or swim"!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...thought MY name was whosoever! Glad to know there's lots of us! Thumbs up on your blog. Your profile says you liked "The Shack". I too took it with a rather large grain of salt or two but will have to admit it's the first book I've read in a long time that made me cry. A beautiful story. God's blessings on your eneavors here.

    ReplyDelete